August 19, 2009

So sick of being sick.

~Betch

Right, well in my previous post I was talking about me being ill and all. I am still ill, you guys. Oh my gosh, I'm telling you... my lungs might just spew out of my mouth if I don't stop coughing. Seriously. I have been coughing like an engine that just won't start in the morning. My medication has run out so I'm basically depending on Hacks sweets and cough syrup, which doesn't really help, because it's a placebo. The ads psychologically influence the consumers to think it helps them, but really it's just sugar and colouring. It probably only helps cool the throat and make you sleep. Honestly I feel drugged most of the time because of the syrup. But anyway, they're all I've got, so I won't complain any further.

So the fall semester is coming and I still dunno what subjects I should take up. I would confidently choose my own subjects but I'm afraid that the subjects I choose might clash and based on seniors experiences, we don't want that happening now. So I'm a little wrecked about that and my cough is still in full throttle... oh man, it's gonna be a long weekend.

I was watching Oprah the other day. Here's my excuse, there was just simply nothing to watch on Astro at that time. So I thought a little Oprah wouldn't hurt. I dunno about you guys but I always have this suspicion about her, like whether she truly means it when she does seemingly good charitable things for people. I mean, no doubt she's a powerful celebrity in Hollywood and she has certainly done her part to influence the entertainment world today. But have you seen her on her show, the way she looks at people and her body language she displays at the guests. Her bored monotonous look she gives to pitiful and needy people who appear on her show is just not attractive at all. Like this one time when she was doing a show about overweight people... from what I'd observed, all 15 to 20 guests who came on the show to talk about the problems they face about their weight were BIGGER than her. I don't mean this as a slight on the guests, it's just a general observation. The cold look she gives to people, honestly... like how she'll just lean her head on her hand on the armchair and how she'll just go "WOW, WOW, shocking...." but she never says anything to comfort them. So basically, she has ways that make me question her role in society as a giver and comforter, due to the fact she's loaded with cash. However, let's make one thing clear... I don't hate her or anything, I just disagree about some of her ways and attitude.

Right, so I found this really fascinating video and it just continues to remind me about the "values and morals" the politicians in our country display. Let's watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts_87zEZFqk

So, if you'd seen the video, you'll understand why I'm gonna betch about this dude. I don't wanna say his name, it gives him too much credit. So anyway, obviously the Star newspaper reporter was going to speak in English as he works for an English newspaper. But this uneducated piece of trash just puts the poor man down just like that without any valid reason at all. Maybe it's because he can't understand English, I dunno, I hear they're qualifications don't fly so high. Well anyway, I was most annoyed at his jeering and sneering. Yeah I can understand that the Malay language should be upheld because it's the national language of Malaysia... ya da ya da ya da, I've heard the whole speech before... But no one ever said we can't speak in English when it comes to interviews involving Malaysian politicians. And his views on Internet filtering? Not so strong really I would say... Coming from this dude, I wouldn't exactly say it's an honest act. I mean, for goodness' sake, he's the culture minister! Based on his very unimpressive attitude, I would say he needs a little culture for himself before he can ever make statements about culture. So, minister.... I hope you get loads of virtual spit and bad press about your ill-mannered ways. Boo hiss boo!

Anyway, I gotta fly now, so till my next betchin' session, take care!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. ~ James Dean

No comments: