December 24, 2012

Christmas and then 2013

~ Betch

I don't know about you guys but I felt 2012 went by so quickly. I feel like I'm being repetitive, considering the number of times I've actually indicated that time has been passing by without any of us realising it. But think about it... the months just slipped by me.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I've had the most fun in university this year. I met amazing people, did a musical, performed in one... of course I did more singing elsewhere which probably made this year much more eventful for me. I've also been doing much better than I've ever performed in my academic life. I won't reveal the details, but it was more than what I had ever dreamed. So God has been very generous, praise Him for that. :)

As I look back on this year... with all my experiences, both negative and positive ones... I feel that it's shaped me to understand the future and the events that may follow. So this Christmas, I am thankful that I still have much with me... like God, family, friends, goals, achievements of 2012, etc. 

About 2013... I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I keep having this dark feeling about next year. A year of challenges, tragedies even... I don't know. It's only a feeling, and I'd like to think I'm wrong. But it's undoubtedly present in my heart. But life must go on. So I intend to treat 2013 the same way as I have with other new years... and that is with purposeful hope.

*lifts a glass of wine* Here's to all of us. Here's to a happy Christmas and an excellent conclusion to 2012. Here's to a great start to 2013. Cheers and God bless.

“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?”- Bob Hope

No comments: